Anyway, before all the video file drama happened, I figured showing you would be even better than telling you, so you can witness the sweetness [almost] in person. It also saves me from staring at the screen for hours trying to think up words and phrases that could never in a million years do such adorable-ness justice. (Even if I end up spending hours compressing files instead). Enjoy!
Recently Marie had show & tell for the letter R. She chose the item herself and thought up different questions for me to ask her during practice time at home. I took a video so she could watch herself--here's the result!
Erik is absolutely all boy. Usually the only 'loving' physical contact I have with him during the day is an elbow "high five" or a not-so-gentle tackle. He wiggles out of hugs and dodges bedtime kisses--if we happen to sneak one in, he immediately wipes it off. But every so often I will catch him in a sweet, non-destructive moment like this one that melts my heart. He's taken to singing recently, and I overhear him singing surprisingly well when he's off alone playing with his cars or train set. Here he is in a rare moment singing in Away In a Manger, despite being in front of an 'audience!'
Gregarious little Ethan is using words and phrases now for practically everything. It's so sweet but I miss my little baby! Our days are filled with words like hi, bye bye, up, down, more please, milk, cheese, help, truck, book...and most recently "ooh, CAKE! Pease?" When he can't say the actual word or phrase, he'll rattle off these adorable little sentences in gibberish, sometimes even with an intelligible word thrown in so I can sort of understand what he's trying to communicate. Other times, not so much. He's also constantly pointing to animals and making their respective noises--he sounds like a monkey every day getting dressed because his dresser light has a pull cord with a monkey, he loves pointing to horses in the books we read and shouting "nee!" and I always know when we're passing a dog while driving down the road because suddenly he'll start barking. One of his new tricks is to look at himself and try to say something whenever we pass by the hall mirror, so last week I decided to have a little extra fun with it!
Way to raise some fan-freakin-tastic kiddos there Mama.
ReplyDelete