My loving husband (who I wouldn't miss an opportunity to brag about, you know) surprised me this past weekend with an early birthday present.
His reasoning? Since we were headed to Rocky Mountain National Park for some fun, it would be a shame if I didn't get to bring along my
new DSLR camera to capture the striking views. (Swoon). After running in circles like a two-year-old and getting over my indignation that he spent
way too much on me (which he justified by saying I would earn it all back and then some with the photography business I will apparently be starting) I decided it was high time to go through the manual and figure out my new contraption. Whereupon I found out that camera speak is complete gibberish. But with the help of a few online tutorials, I now know enough to turn my camera on! Oh, and also say the words aperture and shutter speed and snap a few sorta-decent photos while I'm at it. Who knows, once I take some classes and actually know what I'm doing, I might be able to call myself a real photographer! In the mean time, here are a few of my unedited oh-so-novice favorites:
P.S. All you successful entrepreneurial friends of mine, please feel free to enlighten me with your pro photographer tips!
ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK
 |
| Amazing endless peaks |
 |
| Enjoying a picnic lunch |
 |
| Hiking past some gorgeous waterfalls! |
LABOR DAY BBQ & HANGING AROUND THE HOUSE
 |
My super nice neighbor decided to give
us like half of his garden. I have never eaten
(let alone seen!) a carrot freshly plucked
from the ground!
Dinner was amazing...simply amazing. |
 |
Tired puppy, the closest I could get to making Erik smile,
pretty girl snuggled on the couch, and the boys at breakfast. |
 |
| Our adorable new niece! |
 |
Big man walking
|
And you know I couldn't leave you without a sunset...
I don't know what it all means but http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/ has great tutorials. If you are not familiar with her blog prepare to enjoy some late nights reading and enjoying all of it. I've also found some great recipes there.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Cheri! I've seen some of her recipes but didn't know she did photography as well. Will have to check it out :)
Deleteugh - wish I could help you. I have had a DSLR for over a year now and STILL don't shoot on manual. Maybe one day. I don't like the glare from the flash, so I mostly have it on the no flash setting as I like the lighting best on that. Problem is I can't capture action shots and with Mr. Finn on the move he comes out very blurry. Good motivation to learn how to use manual, but I'm still too lazy!
ReplyDeleteWell done Peter. . .well done!
DLSR's are my friend! I admit that I don't know near enough about mine, but even my very limited knowledge makes it worth having. Looks like you're already getting some good pics!
ReplyDelete