Thankfully, I have the coolest, most amazing friends and family ever. Who could care less about my pride. So I had lots of practice swallowing it after my little surgery last week. I'm still seeing the ripple effects of everyone's help and kindness as this new week begins, and only being able to say "thank-you" in return makes me feel just a tad helpless. So I just wanted to take a moment to declare to the world that I have the most amazing, selfless, kind and wonderful support system, and I must thank everyone a million times over!
My in-laws took the kids overnight the evening prior to the procedure and gave them an awesomely fun day (as usual), so I could focus on getting to the hospital without distractions. My brother-in-law came over the evening after the surgery to help feed the kids dinner and lift them into bed so Peter could go to school.
My best friend took a week off of work so he wait all day for me at the hospital, chauffeur my loopy self home, fetch me breakfast in bed, watch the kids, and most importantly be my blocker whenever the kids unwittingly tried to tackle me on the couch. He slaved away all day, every day, doing my job so that I could
![]() |
| Daddy daycare...so fun! |
My fabulous friends in the neighborhood delivered dinner to my door for a week straight (including a meatless dish on Friday!). It made the days so much easier for our family, and there were so many straight up delectable dishes that I've now expanded my meal planning repertoire by a good six meals. My family and my overflowing fridge thank you from the bottom of our hearts (and tummies)!
| It's literally stuffed with kindness! |
I then received the most awesome gift from my friends across the miles who said that although they couldn't be here, they still wanted to help (and told me I wasn't allowed to say "no")--they gave me a full-blown, top-to-bottom house cleaning. I know, right? It was so difficult to just say "thank-you" and accept such an amazing thing, but it's definitely needed. So very, very needed! (Now you can come visit a sparkling clean house! I will be hunting for some cheap plane tickets)!
I also received a super sweet package along with countless emails, texts, phone calls, and well wishes from so many wonderful souls checking in on me. And oh, the prayers...a friend said she prayed a rosary just for me, my family got up early and went to church for me before work/school on the day of my surgery, and I found out that people I don't even know were praying for me. I just feel so covered in love and and humbled and blessed by all of you! You've all met my every need even when it's been painful to admit that I could use it. So thank you, thank you, thank you...I can't say it enough!
| Do you have any idea how VERY dangerous it is to have these sitting next to the bed?! |
P.S. Since I probably owe you an update: I re-claimed my day job today and I am recovering awesomely well. No doubt because of you all!

Megan...so happy to hear you are recovering and feeling better every day! And how wonderful you are surrounded by so much love and support...no doubt a reflection on the kind and loving person you are.
ReplyDeleteAs for struggling to ACCEPT help rather than PROVIDE it, I am right there with you... but Steve tells me that people wouldn't ask if they didn't really want to help, and who am I to deny them the good feelings that come with helping others, the same ones I so often feel?
Enjoy all that pampering and yummy food, friend! : )
I am not at all surprised by this. You give so much love, people were chomping at the bits to show a little in return. :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you're feeling better. Hope you feel better long term and that the surgery was a success.
So glad all went well!!!
ReplyDeleteHaha I also laughed at the part about your 'best friend' taking the week off work etc... I was like "Whoa that is SOME friend!" and then when I got to the handsome face part I was like "OH SNAP her husband is OK with this????" and then I... put it all together. Hahaha!
You are a hero as always!!!
Glad you have such an awesome support system!
ReplyDelete