I've decided to jump on the bandwagon and join the Thursday link-up over at
Like Mother, Like Daughter (although my not-so-techno-savvy brain is still figuring out the actual concept of a link-up)! Here's my first installment of {pretty, happy, funny, real}; the tagline is "
Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life," so here's my attempt to do just that!
{pretty}
Fall, gorgeous fall! Blazing leaves and spice and everything nice (except possibly the harsh winter to follow). When the temperatures started to drop, I dug out the wreath I made last year and decided to glitz up and add a block letter for this season. A nice little update, and perfect for our phonics-enraptured toddlers!
{happy}
 |
| It's a potty party! |
I'm not sure if anything can make the mom of toddlers feel more triumphantly happy than the words "potty-training breakthrough." Especially when it involves not one, but
two of said toddlers. Lest I jinx us into a relapse, I'll just say that since last week, we seem to be on our way (so far). Incessant thanks to our nanny dearest, whose halo is getting quite shiny from having her patience tested so!
{funny}

Dads and their warped sense of humor. Seriously, what is it with them? I was totally confused the other day when my daughter exclaimed (seemingly out of the blue), "Bless you, Yabba!" as we sat at the dinner table. Yabba is our kids' grandfatherly title for my dad, in case you're wondering. My husband snickered while I tried to figure out why my daughter said "bless you" to her Yabba, who lives a few hundred miles away. A few moments later I heard the sound of the automatic air freshener sensor clicking, followed by another "Bless you, Yabba!" from my daughter. Turns out that Peter told our darling girl that the sound of the air freshener (which sits on our wine cabinet behind a picture of my dad and I) was actually her Yabba--from the picture--sneezing. To which she naturally responded, "Bless you, Yabba!" every time she heard the sensor thereafter, thinking that he was in the photo sneezing. Thankfully once I explained that her daddy was just being silly, she was able to call his bluff. But he's still making a valiant effort in getting our son to believe his tall tale...
{real}
 |
| Marie hugging an almost-full-term Ethan! |
Tomorrow I officially hit 37 weeks. 37 weeks = Full Term in the big wide world (pun intended) of pregnancy. Oh, baby...can anyone say
reality check?!?
Welcome! Well done -- you did fine! Thanks for joining!
ReplyDeletesneezing photos are funny!
ReplyDeleteHaha, funny about "yabba". I'm resisting the urge to joint he pretyhappyfunnyreal! =)
ReplyDelete