Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life!
Every Thursday over at Like Mother, Like Daughter
{Pretty}
When Marie decided that she wanted to be a "kitty" for Halloween this year (a pink and white one, to boot), I decided I was motivated enough to attempt a home-made costume. So after a few trips to Michael's and a little ingenuity with the needle, thread, and glue gun, I pieced together something that remotely resembled a cat. Thankfully she loves it! And hopefully, (if a certain son-in-waiting actually waits), I'll be able go trick-or-treating with both my Pretty Kitty and Goofy Monkey for the first time (since I had to miss out on it last year because of silly Army training).
Bring on the candy!
Every Thursday over at Like Mother, Like Daughter
{Pretty}
![]() |
| Pretty Kitty! |
![]() |
| ...and one curious monkey |
Bring on the candy!
{Happy}
Our anniversary is next week, but we didn’t plan anything...precisely because planning any event at 40 weeks pregnant is just, well, laughable. Luckily I married the most thoughtful man ever, because Monday night he surprised me with an early anniversary date/game night. Mind you, game night for us entails a knock-down, drag-out fight for the title of “Winner of [insert game]” followed by prolonged bragging rights. (We can't play Scrabble together anymore for the sake of sustaining our marriage). Anyway, I'd apparently mentioned my nostalgia for a certain childhood game--Battleship--during our last game night, and he remembered. (Go ahead, call me a dork). So, to my delight, after dinner on Monday he unveiled a romantic spread of pumpkin-shaped Reese's, along with a shiny new box containing Battleship. And after the best two out of three games, I proudly waddled sauntered away as the Winner of Battleship, leaving a defeated Peter brooding on the couch. Until next time, my dear…
{Funny}
My husband made a rather astute observation this past week as I turned sideways and tried to squeeze between a dining room chair and the wall. “Why don’t you just face forwards instead of turning sideways? You’d fit better.” This had never occurred to me before. And brought me to the realization that I’m indeed much wider sideways than I am from the front. (Four inches wider, by exact measurement). Holy ballooning belly, Batman!
{Real}
Tomorrow is October 28th. Yep. That would be my due date.
eek!





Happy anniversary! And happy almost-due date! I hope you get to have some fun trick or treating :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet husband-- Happy Anniversary! We can't play scrabble anymore in our house either-- it's become one of those four letter words :) And hope your little one arrives healthy and happy! Visiting from the link up-- thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLoved your post!
ReplyDeleteI did the same thing when I got very pregnant... I kept trying to "just squeeze through" by turning sideways, which didn't help at all!
Love your {funny}! I hope all goes well for you and Ethan!
ReplyDeleteVery cute costumes and preggo belly:) Hoping the little one is here soon! Happy Anniversary no matter how you celebrate:) Visiting from Like Mother, Like Daughter;)
ReplyDelete