1.
| Strangely reminiscent of 80s-style eyeshadow |
2.
Did you know that October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month? You might be surprised to learn that child loss--miscarriage, stillbirth, and infant death--are far more common than we would like to think. So spread the word and help celebrate all of our beautiful children! Also, if you or someone you know has experienced any kind of loss, take some time this month to reach out and offer support, or take time for yourself to do something in honor of your child(ren).
3.
Colorado weather is something else. On Tuesday it was over 80 degrees. Today we woke up to our first snow! Just a dusting, but snow nonetheless. My four-year-old daughter ran around the house yelling, "Mommy! There's snow in the backyard! Winter is here and Fall is over!" Thankfully, it's supposed to be in the 70s again soon, because I'm NOT ready for fall to be over when it's just begun!
4.
Cold weather and snow make for a very frisky puppy!
5.
Speaking of warm weather, when it was 80 degrees on Tuesday I discovered one of my new favorite places in the Denver area! We were meeting friends to celebrate and learn about our Guardian Angels on Guardian Angel Day, and one friend suggested we meet at the 'heavenly' Hudson Gardens. We made an angel craft and then explored--they have a breathtaking rose garden, "Monet's Place" which includes a graceful arching bridge over a pond of lily pads and willows, and a frog pond with huge tadpoles and more lily pads, and every plant, tree, and flower is labeled (for us amateurs who don't have a clue!). Turns out it was also the perfect place for Ann Romney to be that day--as I drove in they asked if I was there for the Ann Romney event, and throughout the morning they were setting up tents and blocking off various areas. Pretty crazy! At any rate, it was an amazing place and I can't wait to go back!
6.
Did I mention that they also had a pumpkin patch with the biggest pumpkins I've ever seen?
7.
Here's to fall sticking around for much (much MUCH) longer!
BONUS TAKE:
BONUS TAKE:
| Just couldn't take it anymore! |
HAPPY FALL FRIDAY, EVERYONE!





Hi! It's nice to "meet" you and thanks for stopping by!
ReplyDeleteI'll be in Colorado in a few weeks for work, I Hope it's not snowing then! I really like your pictures!
Nice pictures! I don't know about up there, but we're supposed to see snow here tomorrow and then it's supposed to warm back up again. I'm gad everyone is still surviving all the incidents! I hope they give you a break on those soon.
ReplyDeleteI must go to the Hudson Gardens next time I'm there - wow, so beautiful! Snow?! Yowza.
ReplyDeleteLove your sign btw!
Love the pics! Huge pumpkins! Have a great week.
ReplyDelete<3 Megan
Love this post and all the pictures- mostly the story of how clever the little ones are- they’ve got you figured out!! uh oh! haha
ReplyDeleteI’ll pray that fall sticks around for quite a bit longer!!!!