~1~
I learned not too long ago when Googling "remove permanent marker from whiteboard" that the solution is even more magic than a Magic Eraser. You simply color over the errant Sharpie marks with a dry erase marker, and--voila--it wipes off effortlessly! I was delighted to learn this since my kids had just confused the Sharpie and the dry erase marker and I thought our activity board was surely ruined forever. I was even more delighted to have learned this little trick when my three-year-old son decided to color on the side of the pantry cabinet with the very same Sharpie. But I was most happy to possess such a valuable nugget of info when our dear daughter (who is four and very well knows better) decided to color all over my computer screen and keyboard yesterday with--you guessed it--the fated Sharpie. I'm not sure why it took me so long, but there are no longer any Sharpies in within reach of persons shorter than five feet.
~2~
This past Sunday was pretty life-changing; with just 26.2 Random Acts of Kindness we gained a whole new outlook on life. Not too shabby!
~3~
Four-year-old Marie came down early from nap yesterday and caught me eating pretzels and Nutella before I could hide the jar. "What's that, Mommy?" she asked. "Mommy's special snack." I answered. "May I have some of that chocolate snack, Mommy?" she asked. "No, not today," I answered. "How about when I'm seven?" she asked. (Three years...reasonable enough). "Sure, when you're seven," I said. "How about when I'm five or four and a half?" (She's got this bargaining thing down to a science). "Well, when you're five is fine too. But not four and a half," I said, lest she claim that she was already four and a half. "Oh. Well okay. I guess when I'm five or seven," she sighed despondently. It was in that instant that I realized the power of Nutella over me.
~4~
It was also in that instant I realized I embodied this meme to a tee:

~5~
Our beloved old house has been on the market now for almost nine months. In that time, we've moved across the country, found a new home, left the military, started new jobs, ushered in spring, summer, and fall, watched our babies turn into toddlers and our toddlers turn into big kids...all while our house has done...nothing. (Well, it got a new roof and briefly had the hopes of some would-be new owners before they backed out). So as much as I'm ignoring the fact that it's getting rather stressful, I'm have a hard time ignoring that it's getting r a t h e r s t r e s s f u l. More interest lately has our hopes up, but that mortgage payment is still ours. So, would you, could you please (pretty pretty please) say a little prayer (like right now) that the right family comes along very very soon to make it theirs? Thanks, that would be super awesome of you.
~6~
Attempting to load or unload the dishwasher with a fearless almost-one-year-old running amok is like trying to guard a grove of banana trees from a herd of starving monkeys.
~7~
But that same fearlessly charming almost-one-year-old is absolutely irresistible, especially in a pumpkin patch.
Visit Jen over at Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes!

Sometimes when unloading the washer Finn is Mr. Helpful and grabs clothes along with me and puts them in the dryer. Sometimes. They just end up on the floor. Or kitchen. Or anywhere that silly monkey can run away to.
ReplyDeleteI hope your house sells soon! We had no luck either and are renting it which is a blessing but a different kind of headache and makes me worry when we will ever sell it!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the sharpie removal advice. Why have I not come across that awesome piece of information before now?! It makes me want to purposely use one on my dry erase board just to test it out. I keep the sharpies up too, but at my house you never know. I'm pretty sure the kids know where I keep them so it's only a matter of time. I probably need to ban them permanently, like chewing gum.
ReplyDeleteWhen I excitedly told my husband about my new discovery, he told me he used to do it for fun when he was a kid. My response: "Why didn't you tell me about this years ago?!" It does work like a charm, though, I think it even made our whiteboard cleaner!
DeleteHaha oh I remember when I discovered the sharpie trick I was just amazed. Because I do that quite a lot.
ReplyDeleteAnd that picture is so cute! (7)
And I realllly miss candy bars.
And I hope your house sells soon! Too bad you don't live close to us :)
Love the meme - can totally relate! Thanks for the sharpie/whiteboard tip! I'm sure this will come in handy!
ReplyDeleteSounds like that Sharpie got some mileage! Hmm, and maybe I should be more into sharing, but I would have definitely held out for the "chocolate snack" when she's 7. Because you know she'll remember when she's five! She'll remember when she's seven, too, but it's just longer before you have to share. ;) Love Nutella! Can't have it in the house, though, because even though I don't have to share, that's the problem. I could easily go through the whole thing very quickly by myself!
ReplyDeleteThe e-card about hiding with the candy is so true. And thanks for the Sharpie removal info!
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing about the sharpie removal trick! And I am soooo with you on hiding snacks/ keeping things "just for big people" just so I don't have to share with them!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on selling your house! Saying a prayer right now:)
I can TOTALLY relate to that meme. Sometimes I find myself trying very hard to be as quiet as possible when getting out a snack because I know if my son hears me he'll come running to get some. He has some sort of spidey sense when it comes to food.
ReplyDeleteAlso, have you tried a novena to St. Joseph for selling your house? A friend of ours used it and they're house sold before the novena was over (after waiting a few weeks to start it). And my sister also used it recently and her house sold at the exact perfect time for her. It's worth a try :)