On the docket:
1) The Warrior Dash
2) Ethan is 10 Months Old!!!
3) Marie Starts School!!!!
(Note: Understand that #2 and #3 bear far more significance than mere exclamation points can convey).
DASH ONE, DASH ALL!
For those who haven't the privilege of being accosted by our exciting Facebook news feeds, I must share that last weekend we became official Warriors! We drove into the mountains with some friends for the long-anticipated Warrior Dash, a 5k obstacle course in which one jumps over fire and scales
![]() |
| Ladies before the race, a tasty burrito, the muddy aftermath, and one fabulous Warrior helmet/medal! |
10 MONTHS--WOAH, BUDDY!
Moving along...guess who's 10 months old today? And has already said his first word?? And took a (sort of) first step and is about to walk?!? I'm sticking to pictures and videos on this one since I'm sure I'll need to save every ounce of my sappiness for two months from now. In the mean time, my battery is constantly dying while I keep my phone on video trying to capture those first real steps. Slow down, little man! Sigh.
The Fabled First Word (melts my heart):
E-man on the move: Climbing the stairs, mad that I locked him behind the gate so he couldn't escape to climb the stairs again, and rifling through the cabinets testing every single empty sippy cup to see if there's a delicious beverage awaiting him. Also discovering that he open can the oven drawer and deposit the aforementioned sippy cups. How is it that I've never had to childproof an oven drawer until now? And how does one exactly go about childproofing such a thing? Suggestions welcome...I'm also thinking it'd be worth it to never move again simply to avoid having to install child locks on another entire set of kitchen cabinets!
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
Speaking of slow down...
Let's all take a moment to honor the millions of tissues sacrificed this year for first-time school moms everywhere. I only went through one box myself. (Only one!) For the longest time my sweet pea has been super excited to start pre-school; she's been marking off each day on the calendar with an X, constantly walking around scribbling in her notepad delightedly doing "homework" (we'll see how long that one lasts!), and on the First Day of School Eve we surprised her with her first backpack and a little old-school supply kit complete with ruler, pencils, and a pencil sharpener. In her excitement, both pencils have already been sharpened into studs. She loved every second of her time at school, and I foresee lots more Kodak moments as our avid little learner continues to amaze me in the year ahead. My, how fast they grow!



I've thought about the Warrior Dash before, but I haven't managed to do it yet. I'm glad you have fun! I can't believe Ethan's walking and talking, or starting to, already. Pretty impressive for a 10 month old!
ReplyDeleteWe are doing the Warrior Dash in Austin for "Team Daren" this year :) I'm glad it's doable with zero training ... Cause that'll be me!
ReplyDeleteYour kids are just beautiful ... But yes, slow your roll!