Thursday, November 3, 2011

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} - What a Week!

Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life!
Every Thursday over at Like Mother, Like Daughter


Last Thursday I was looking forward to a nice relaxing day of browsing the other entries at the {Pretty, Happy Funny, Real} link-up. Shortly after posting my entry, though, my {Real}observation of a rapidly approaching due date suddenly charged in to action with a false alarm on Thursday followed by the real thing on Friday! We were thrilled to welcome our new son on the 28th (his due date!) and have been living in a hazy sleepless bliss ever since. So forgive me if I haven't (yet) made it through your comments or what you had to share, but thanks for all of the prayers and words of encouragement, because they definitely worked!

{Pretty}
3 days old

6 days old and getting more alert!


I know I should be calling my boys handsome, but I think it still falls within the statute of limitations to give my new son the label 'pretty,' or even more appropriately, breathtakingly beautiful. I'm 100% smitten, head to toe.   


{Happy}
The wedded bliss begins...


Hot date!
Happy Anniversary to the first and most important love of my life! I'm beyond blessed and shamelessly spoiled by the most wonderful man ever (complete with breakfast in bed this morning!). He's surpassed my every wish of what I'd dream of in a husband, and is an even more amazing father!

Thanks to one very generous Grandma who was willing to watch the kids, we even got to go on a date last night to a romantic Italian restaurant and celebrate!


{Funny}

Thanks to a smooth delivery and a very cooperative healthy newborn boy, we were out of the hospital in plenty of time for me to take the older munchkins trick-or-treating for the first time! They had a blast running from house to house, along with our wonderful nanny and her children, shouting "trick-or-treat" and waiting for their loot. The highlight of the evening was Erik, our resident 2-year-old, who has yet to discover tact. He asked one neighbor handing out Sweet Tarts for a "yellow one, not  blue," asked another for "more," and finally told a kind neighbor handing out juice barrels, "no, that's not candy!" before attempting to hand the juice back. We'll have to work on some better manners for next year!


{Real}
First picture of our newly expanded family. Overwhelming...and  we are overwhelmingly blessed!


7 comments:

  1. <3

    Can't wait to hear his birth story and how your hypnobirthing was this time compared to with Erik.

    Love your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful. Your family is lovely.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you! And congrats on the wedding anniversary too: what a gorgeous bride you were!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here from Like Mother, Like Daughter to say Congratulations! Your little man is certainly pretty - I love his wide awake eyes! He makes me need another one and my littlest is only 8 months old. The little monkey gets into so much trouble, though, that she seems much older. You are super-mama for going trick-or-treating a few days after giving birth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack, your post is tearing me up! What a gorgeous family, and what a beautiful baby.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! He's just beautiful - as is your whole family!

    ReplyDelete