It's been nuts lately - so much to share, so little time! But if all goes well, in the next few days I'll have our November memories safely archived. Wish me luck.
First up: our anniversary, which was...interesting. I joked with a few people that it was canceled, but I didn't for one second forget that it was, very much, still a beautifully significant day in which we were very blessed to celebrate the gift of each other--and not be on opposite corners of the globe. It fell on a week when the timing just wasn't the greatest: I was in exhaustion mode, a kid had a fever, Peter had a late meeting on our actual anniversary, and he had to travel over our anniversary weekend. So it was very much a "this-is-real-life" affair. We celebrated the night before our actual anniversary with dinner in the dining room for two, interrupted frequently enough by the fruit of our love, and our gift to ourselves was a new toilet seat (of the fancy self-lowering variety!). Like I said, real life.
![]() |
| Don't be jealous, now. |
![]() |
| Gearing up for a tough work weekend. Obvs. |
Our "big" celebration happened when Peter took off work the Monday after his weekend of travel so we could spend the day together. We did some old married couple shopping in the morning while all three kids were in school, hitting the bookstore first, of course, followed by a bunch of furniture stores and the phone store (mine is slowlyyyy dying)--and we managed to only buy two small things: a collector's edition of Jane Austen novels [because duh] and a back scratcher from World Market because Erik had been begging us for one. Back scratching is his ultimate love language.
After we picked Ethan up (he still only has school in the mornings) we spent the afternoon outside, taking a late autumn walk through one of our favorite places, Hudson Gardens. They gave Ethan a nature scavenger hunt card so it was especially fun for him.
| Seriously love this place. |
I was also perusing Hudson Gardens with future anniversaries in mind. I've often said that my biggest regret from our wedding is not getting better quality photos. In an effort to be frugal (getting married near NYC is not overwhelmingly affordable), I found a less expensive but also less experienced photographer. She took a huge quantity of really good photos and gave us the rights to every single one, but the file sizes were so small that none of them are great image quality, especially for printing anything larger than a 4x6, which makes me sad. So I decided last year that for our 10 year anniversary next year, our gift will be to dust off my dress/Peter's uniform and get some fun professional photos. Lucky Peter, ha. Maybe at Hudson Gardens, maybe somewhere else (local friends, any recommendations?). We've got a whole year to plan, of course, but that's always half the fun.
I also was finally able to save the only video footage that we have from our wedding, which I have been trying to do for all nine years we've been married. It was taken by our wonderful friend Brother Carlos, and I watched it about fifteen billion times that day with a big goofy grin on my face. I'm sticking it here, as well as backing it up a few other places, for safe-keeping.
Easily the best decision I've ever made.




Love your wedding dress, so pretty!!! Wishing you two every blessing and grace in the coming year (and many, many more years ahead!!!)
ReplyDeleteHope your doctor appointment went well :)
How about you come celebrate your 10th with a big trip to England! I just heard about this!
ReplyDeletehttp://visitbath.co.uk/things-to-do/jane-austens-bath