![]() |
| We kicked off the month with a monstrous snowstorm on Groundhog's Day... I think these two guys were the most excited of all. |
![]() |
| We spent Superbowl weekend skiing Breckenridge before driving back in NO TRAFFIC to catch both the perfect Broncos sunset and the sweetest of Broncos victories! |
![]() |
| Peter rung in another birthday and we celebrated at his favorite Mexican restaurant. (He grew approximately two hairs since his last birthday). |
Valentine's Day/Presidents' Day Weekend followed shortly thereafter with lots more activities. Recently some of my fellow West Point women grads established a formal group for those of us in Colorado, and the first meetup was planned at a restauruant in Denver. There was a balanced representation of some of the first women who graduated and some of us "younger" grads--including one of my classmates and one of my good friends/diving teammates. We haven't seen each other since my wedding and it was so nice to catch up! After I stuffed myself with lunch, I got to come home to a fantastic spread that Peter decided to whip up for a Valentine's date in. Lucky me!
I also got to meet up with some of my favorite Colorado ladies who I met initially in our online Catholic group. The days of living in CO might be numbered for some of our group memebers, so it was extra special to get to hang out!
I've been making good on some of my Lenten goals, getting time in for reflection and journaling, and also clearing out lots of clutter that we don't need in our lives (the latter has been most successful on the days Peter is around to motivate me and make me sort through things!).
As you might be able to tell from the above picture--aside from the initial snowstorm and one day where the temperature dropped and we got a dusting of snow--we've also had an unseasonably warm February. We all know that it's fake spring, but it's lasting so long that it's hard to remind myself that it's really just a tease. If I put more stock in Punxatawny Phil, I'd say he was right about an early spring! But deep down the voice of reality reminds me that we had snowstorms on Mother's Day the past TWO years. So.
Nevertheless, we're loving fake spring with everything we've got while it lasts.
![]() |
| BBQing in February. Crazytown. |
![]() |
| I'm so excited for the future. |












No comments:
Post a Comment