Tonight, we got to sit in the Daniels Great Hall at Denver University with all the other haggard yet joyful families of Daniels Business School students, as we braved the rain/snow/slush to celebrate our loved ones' Happily MBA After.
I promise I didn't cry as they draped that nice snazzy "hood" across my amazing husband's shoulders, officially awarding him with his hard-earned Master's Degree in Business. At least not too much, because I had to see clearly enough to take a million pictures.
It's been a long ride. A lot has happened in two years, the most significant of which can be seen when we look at our 5,4, and 2-year old kiddos, who were 3, 2, and 4 months respectively when Peter set out on this goal. It's been challenging for all of us in different ways, but I maintain that Peter has had the toughest end of the deal. Two nights a week for two years straight--summers included--he's gone straight from his full-time job to class in the evenings. Most of those nights I'd wave to him in passing as he got home around 11pm, often with hours of homework still to do, while I made a beeline for our nice cozy bed. He's spent countless off-days and weekends working on group projects and doing research. He poured himself into a consultation for a local non-profit organization, who ultimately based a significant business move on his recommendation--and following the consultation they even asked him to sit on the board as a member because they were so impressed with his analysis.
| His class took different tracks following the core curriculum semesters, so it was cool to see him graduate with two of his best buddies from their cohort. |
And I'll stop now before I get all sappy or harken back to some dreaded reference like the Pillars of Officership. But I am such a proud wife, and I'm SO incredibly excited for this next phase of our lives where we will get to see each more than once a week for dinner. Also, celebrating with that little getaway won't hurt, either.
Well done, Love. YOU DID IT, and we are so proud of you!!!
| Though it's hard to tell, (because pictures are super tough for some kids), Marie is absolutely elated that her daddy has graduated and gets to spend more time with her than his coursework!!! |

Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteBlogger ate my comment but I basically said that while I'm proud if Peter too and really happy for you all, I'm too in love with Erik's boots to pay attention to anything else. He's the best. Love it.
ReplyDeleteBut seriously, way to go Peter.
Yay! Yay for hubby, and yay for you!!! : )
ReplyDeleteLove your beautiful family. : )
Congrats!! Graduations are such fabulous milestones!
ReplyDelete