Sunday, August 12, 2012

Le Tour de West

I could be going to bed early right now. Instead I'm flopped on the couch with a cup of tea and a computer on my lap, trying to process the strange silence enveloping me after nearly two weeks of blissful chaos. Translation: my whole family finally made their first epic trip to Colorado! Since they've never been, and we've been apart for a good six months, you can only imagine the frenzy of squealing, hugging, cheek pinching, bread breaking, Olympics watching and tourist attraction frequenting that ensued.  We did some hiking, biking, swimming, golfing, shopping, family photos, water balloon launching, Pike's Peak, Red Rocks, downtown Denver, fireworks, and my tired brain forgets the rest. Throw in a little girl turning four and her birthday party (more to come on that) and the crazy meter was pegged!

Getting back into a routine after trying to squeeze so much in to two weeks is certainly appealing, but since their departure, my mind keeps coming to rest on two largely related schemes--the first: how to re-draw the map of the United States to cut out the yawning chasm of pesky mid-western states that separates us from my wonderful family in Pennsylvania (no offense, mid-westerners)...and the second: that beautiful house across the street that's still for sale and surely the perfect fit for my mother, father, and sister. (Hint, hint)!


In the mean time, I'm making a concerted effort NOT to share each and every one of the 3,000+ pictures we took (not kidding), but could I forgive myself if I didn't leave you with at least a few of the highlights?

And now, back to real life I go...sigh. Come back soon, ma famille...Colorado misses you almost as much as we do!

READY...AIM...
whoops, that was a little too close to the neighbor's house!


Beautiful views and plenty of fun at Pike's Peak and Daniels Park!

What's a family photo without a bunch of kids (and adults) who will look anywhere but the camera?

The family's first time at Chipotle,
a  little Desperado out to lunch, fun in Golden,
...and we even got a date night!


Roxborough State Park with Uncle "Q"!

Enjoying Downtown Denver

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great time; I'm glad you were able to have such a fun time with your family!

    ReplyDelete