So without further ado, here’s the last little snapshot of our life at Fort Drum:
THE GOOD:
Big boy Ethan is 4 months old!
![]() |
| Someone found his feet! |
There’s only one thing I can say (and will probably repeat for the next 18+ years): Where did all the time go?
Date Night!
![]() |
| Ringing in 4.4 years of wedded bliss at the theater! |
This past weekend we finally got to go on our Anniversary date to see Les Miserables! Thanks to a little contribution from my brother, the theater aficionado, we got the tickets back in October, and of course had little idea at the time that we’d be on the verge of getting out of dodge. But thankfully we decided it was worth it to still make the trip. It was everything we hoped for and more: a fabulous cast, an entertaining show, and a great chance to take a pause from the craziness and enjoy each other’s company (sans kiddos, thanks to our Nanny dearest)! THE BAD:
I just have to sneak in this little PSA: People, for the love of all that is good, tell your friends NOT TO DRINK AND DRIVE! Many thanks to all those who prayed for us to have a fun and safe anniversary date, because it worked. Around midnight on the way home—at a major intersection less the five minutes from our house—we were nearly T-boned by a car that blew through the red light. Thank goodness Peter slowed to a stop when we realized that the other guy didn’t seem to care that his light was red. Still not sure he even noticed us after we blasted the horn at him. Seriously thankful that our guardian angels were working some overtime.
Moving along: Petitioning your prayers for healthy stomachs during this move. We woke up yesterday morning to that dreaded phrase: “Daddy I threw up!” So far the stomach bug Marie has doesn’t seem to be too bad, but we certainly don’t have the luxury of the rest of the family being sick when I get on the plane with the kids, or worse yet, while Peter endures his 3-day drive with the cars and the dog. So if you could say a little prayer for us to stay healthy (like right now? that would be awesome!) we will be forever in your debt. Thanks!
THE CRAZY
Have I mentioned lately that we’re moving?
This little chain was over 70 days long at one point. Now it only has 11 links. Oy vey! The packers and movers come tomorrow, and by Thursday our home sweet home will be empty, leaving us one week to camp out and figure out how the pioneers used to entertain themselves with no internet and just a few belongings. Should be fun!
I’ll also get to sign out of Fort Drum officially in 10 days. When we first learned we were expecting our precious little girl, it seemed like it would be an eternity until the day my Army commitment was up and I could stay home and take care of her like I wanted. So it’s crazy to be able to say that I will be a stay-at-home mom next week, caring for all three of our beautiful kids. Unbelievable.
And so very, very wonderful!!!






10 days!? Yikes bikes! That's wonderful.
ReplyDelete