I've always loved the 4th of July, and this year was no exception. I plopped all of these pictures here after we got home from the fireworks, but never got around to hitting publish until now. It's mostly for my own benefit, so I have a repository for the pictures of Ethan and me that have become our yearly tradition--it's getting harder and harder to find them all buried in the annals of my computer files. But if you're bored and looking to rekindle that Indepedence Day spirit, enjoy!
 |
| Always my favorite float. |
 |
| Patriotic Samson (+ epic drool) |
 |
| I had this grand idea to make a strawberry pie... |
 |
| ...Good thing I took a before picture #piewrecks |
We used to be able to walk to get a view of the fireworks, but they're building a hospital and new condos in the field old fireworks field so they moved them across town. Thankfully, we discovered we can walk to the new location from Peter's parents' house.
 |
| Pre-gaming in the driveway. |
The Ethan & Mom 4th of July Picture Tradition
 |
| 2012 |
 |
| 2013 |
 |
| 2014 |
 |
| 2015 |
 |
| 2016 |
I almost wore a different hat I have that's new this year, but after digging up our other pictures in preparation I had a moment of self-doubt and thought, if this fedora made it for the last three years, should I break the streak? Or carry on in the tradition? Should I keep up with the times to showcase the evolution of fashion along with our faces, or will having the same fedora in our picture fifteen years from now garishly funny when I can't believe such things were ever in style?
It's a first-world problem that's like a bad version of the lady dog's existential crisis in Go Dogs, Go -- "Do you like my hat?"
"No, I do not like your hat."
Anyway, stay tuned for next year, and here's hoping twenty days late that you had a happy 4th as well!
I love it! Your tradition is so much fun! And your outfits each year are SO cute! We went to the fireworks this year too and it was great to be close enough to walk for sure! Super huge benefit, and it was a really nice show.
ReplyDelete