Happy Father's Day...
To the most amazing Dad ever, who raised me, provided for me, and guided me so I could become the person I am today! It's largely due to his influence that I get to live the incredible life I'm living now, and in many ways due to his example that I married an equally incredible man who is so similar!
And a Just-As-Happy Father's Day...
...to the Dad who pretends to be a white horse with a purple and pink saddle at the request of a little princess who sits regally as her horse trots and whinnies all the way to her bed...then morphs into a spaceship that blasts off and carries a little astronaut off to his bed.
 |
(a white horse,
among other things) |
...to the dad who rushes to meet his family at the fair while still in his suit...
So he can take his kids on their first Ferris Wheel ride...
And ride in the belly of a big pink teddy bear with peace signs painted on its back pockets...
 |
(I decided to forego this one, Mom,
since it was reminiscent of a
certain Disney World ride that
involved tea cups...) |
And squeeze into the tiny train caboose...
And don't forget the Dumbo ride!
...to the dad who buys his kids every possible item of Denver sports paraphernalia to ensure that they're thoroughly brainwashed (like today during our Father's Day outing to the Rockies-Phillies game...and there's nothing I can do except refuse to cave completely and keep cheering for the Phillies).
...to the dad who is a bath-giving, diaper-changing, laundry-washing, meat-grilling, boo-boo-kissing, tantrum-taming, book-reading, spider-killing, fun-loving friend, coach, teacher, steamroller, fanciful horse, king, disciplinarian, biggest fan and most-adored hero all in one.
From...
...the wife who
never makes breakfast (because pouring milk over a bowl of cereal is more than enough work first thing in the morning). But loves her husband so much that she's willing to go crazy and break the rules today. Just this once.
 |
| It was cold. But not burnt. I'm getting there... |
...and from the daughter who convinced her lazy mom to make breakfast in bed
just this once for Father's Day, because her amazing Daddy made breakfast in bed on Mother's Day, so
clearly that's THE STANDARD. And also because she wanted to be the one to put her Daddy's gummy vitamins on the breakfast tray.
...and from the son who idolizes his Daddy so much that he literally wants to
be his Daddy. It doesn't matter how many different ways we rephrase the question, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" He still says "I want to be Daddy," which also means he wants to work at the same place, go to the same grad school, and be an Army man some weekends...just like Daddy.
...and from the littlest son who simply cannot contain his joy when in his Daddy's presence, so he grins until his dimples can't get any deeper and exclaims "Daddy!" with delight at least fifty times in a row upon the realization that Daddy is around.
...and from the dog who might still be starving and sweating it out in Texas if his soft-hearted Daddy hadn't
walked into the shelter six years ago and walked out as this fluffy pup's hero.
Happy Father's Day! We love you!!!
Megan... I smiled the whole way through this post! What a wonderful tribute to the dads in your life... Way to rock the breakfast in bed too! And the teacups? Don't remind me,,, ugh! Love the love in your family!
ReplyDelete